Citrix: Web Interface delay on First Page
Recently I did an installation of the Citrix WI 5.4 and noticed a delay on displaying the first page after restarting the server, this problem happened also when I restarted the IIS Service. I found CTX117273:
After restarting IIS, or rebooting the Web Interface server, it takes up to one minute to get the Welcome page for the first user.
- Install Web interface 5.0.1.
- Restart IIS.
- Connect to a Web Interface site. The first connection is very slow and it takes up to one minute to get the Welcome page for the first user.
- All other connections are normal until you restart IIS again.
This issue is caused by a CRL check sent to Verisign. If the Web Interface server cannot access the internet, the CRL check fails and times out.
- Check in IIS for the ASP.net version that is in use with the Web Interface site.
Modify Aspnet.config in the following directory
C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727 (If Web Interface uses .Net framework v2.0.50727)
- Add the following lines to your ASPNET.CONFIG or APP.CONFIG file:
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>